Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Music Matters


Both of us have been drawn to songs about missing loved ones, often focusing on isolated snippets that seem to echo our longing to get the old Chelsey back. Our minds have reinterpreted and latched onto lyrics that are poignant or hopeful. The two songs below were definitely not about a child in crisis originally, but some of the lyrics have brought tears. Both songs include hints that the lost one is also looking for a way back.

1.    “And the World Turned” by the Gabe Dixon band includes these lyrics:
Underneath her breath like a beggar's prayer she said
I miss you, come back to me
I wish you'd come back to me

But nobody heard
And the world turned and the world turned and the world turned

2.    “Homeward Bound” by Marta Keen and sung by BYU Choir or MoTabs.
In the quiet misty morning
When the moon has gone to bed,
When the sparrows stop their singing
I'll be homeward bound again.

No comments:

Post a Comment