Tuesday, July 17, 2012

7/17 - Staying Longer

I (Beth) had a delightful visit with Chelsey.  We talked for almost two hours, and we listened to her Zelda music and played 'GO FISH'.  It would have been all good, except for the little pockets of delusional thinking that would surface in the conversation.  Chelsey told me that "washing your hair creates memory erasing because you can target the area to erase. That is how you destroy and rebuild yourself without committing suicide.  If you want to destroy all trains of thought you have to wash your head.  I know this because I am super-intelligent. Also if you want to be able to tolerate hard surfaces you wash just your feet." This was right after she came to the visiting room with her head and shirt soaking wet, so I assume she was trying out her memory erasing.

The doctor spoke with me and said that he thinks she needs to be inpatient a while longer.  Sadly, I agree.  She has been there two weeks now, so there has to be a competency hearing with a judge tomorrow.  They told us to be there at 9 a.m. but it could take all day long depending on how many there are that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment