Thursday, August 16, 2012

Teeter-totter


Yesterday afternoon we came to see Chelsey and she was crying.  She wants to come home.  After so many months of her references to wanting to be in a group home, and her excitement the day before of getting to finally go to a group home, she said to me( Beth) "THAT's why I NEVER wanted to be in a group home."  Russel says give it time, that this sudden reversal may be a passing part of a dramatic and stressful change. She went from a psych ward, to a hotel room with only Mom, to a new group of strangers in a new home with a structured day program full of yet more strangers with strange activities. 

I agree that it will be fine in the long run. It's just that right now it's hard for her, and what is hard on her is hard on me.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for all of you. It sounds like a very difficult transition--but it also sounds like it's a good place. Here's hoping it all turns out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We fervently hope that it will all smooth out soon for Chelsey and for you. KFR

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's had a lot of transition in the last few months, as have you guys. Hopefully things will settle down into a nice, comfortable routine. I love you guys lots and pray always for you that things will get better.

    Panda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Beth and Rusty, Woody and I have you in our thoughts. You're a good example of love and patience. We feel for you and Chelsey.
    Love you. Sandra Wall

    ReplyDelete