This blog is about Chelsey’s recovery from a mental health crisis. We’re using it to process our experience and update friends and family on progress. We’re hoping for a rapid recovery and a short-lived blog!
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
8/1 - Chelsey has left the building...
I've heard somewhere the sound of an announcer's voice "ELVIS has LEFT THE BUILDING!" That's what I thought of as Chelsey walked out of the hospital. She said "Wow! Sunshine!" and enjoyed being out of the building. Chelsey is out, and we are on to next steps.
Chelsey still has quite the range of disordered thoughts. Some of her comments are quite hilarious. She was eating and choked a little (as is sometimes common for her) and said "UGGG, I just coughed up remnants of my Babyhood".
No group home is available yet, so Chelsey and I (Beth) will be having a short stay at a hotel room. Fewer dangerous household items etc, and a behavioral therapist taught me several things to do to keep Chelsey safe during this interim time before she goes into the group home. She was very helpful.
I spent several hours of the day with more people from agencies who are trying to move through red tape to find a place for Chelsey in a group home very soon. It seems the wheels are churning and people are trying to help her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hope you have wonderful people and that they help you to find the best possible situation. I love you all.
ReplyDelete